Home Page / Current Community Employers / Potential Employers
Current Client Information / Potential Employees
Employee of the Month / Contact Us / Testimonials
Employment Services Overview
The unemployment rate among adults with disabilities is nearly 12 times the national average. Two out of three people with disabilities want to work, but have not been able to secure jobs because of accessibility and attitudinal barriers. Easter Seals supported employment services provide an individualized approach to assisting persons with disabilities and other needs to make informed choices and attain their employment aspirations.
To create a Colorado where everyone, regardless of ability who has a desire to work is able to do so to their fullest potential.
What principals guide our work?
- That all people have inherent value
- That an ability to participate in the workforce and be productive is in the best interest of the entire community as well as the individual
Who do we serve?
- Client Employment Services provided by Easter Seals are designed for:
- Persons with disabilities whose functional limitations present substantial barriers to employment
- Persons considered jobseekers that need to find stable employment
- Persons that need supportive workplaces that can allow them to grow into their full potential
- Employers who would like to increase and diversify their pool of eligible workers and are looking for less expensive ways to increase their business goals
What do we do?
Employment Services creates and prepares work settings that promote the most independent work for each specific client. Working collaboratively with other agencies we create job opportunities that are individualized and designed to match the skills and strengths of the client with the needs of the employer.
Employment Services creates individualized plans to guide clients to their fullest potential. These plans help our clients understand and strive for their best in a setting that allows them to make measurable progress and reach identified goals. Reaching these goals continually develops each client’s job skills allowing them to maintain employment in a supported setting or work completely independently.